Thursday, April 11, 2013

Heads or Tails


Having hand Alannah and Henry together for a few years now, I have grown accustomed to telling the pair apart.  There are those moments where I do get confused, particularly if one is performing bad behavior that I’m used to seeing from the other.  

Both Henry and Lana are flame points, meaning they are all white excepting the “points” of their body, which usually are the head, feet and tail.  The older the cat is, the more prominent their points are.  Henry and Lana are also both blue eyed, and good in size (although Henry probably has a good 5 pounds on Lana). 

My dad particularly is amazed by how similar my kittens are.  He insists that it’s like they came from the same litter!  I guess you have to be the parent to the cats and see them regularly to make out their original features.  

There are countless things to look for, Henry has a square face, Lana is more slender, Henry’s eyes are bold blue, Lana’s are icy.  Henry has more orange, it goes on. 

My favorite difference between Henry and Lana is their tails!  Henry has a long 12 inch dragon like swiping tail that comes to a thin point.  Alannah has the CUTEST baby tail I have ever seen!  10 inches, much shorter than Henry’s that it’s comical to see her sitting side by side with him.  It is fluffy and comes to a curved end.  I adore this oddity between them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment